This year, the man who planned [the Osama Bin Laden] mission, Vice Adm. William McRaven, was virtually ignored at table No. 46, his medals mounted on his tuxedo jacket, as Kardashian, Lohan and George Clooney were mobbed across the room.
I think this sums things up.
Does the White House press corps, and all the other journalists that descend upon DC for the dinner, lose credibility with the American public during these events?
Last year, according to Suffolk University, and posted by Media Post’s TV Newser:
Mostly, the questions were about the candidates for president. But the last two questions, 58 and 59, had to do with the media, including this question:
What political reporter would you say that you trust the most?
Of the 1,070 respondents, the majority, 21% said “Don’t Know.” The next highest percentage at 15% was “None.” So according to this poll, “Don’t Know” and “None” are the most trusted U.S. political reporters.
And in a September 2009 Pew study,
Just 29% of Americans say that news organizations generally get the facts straight, while 63% say that news stories are often inaccurate.
Should the WHPC and other journalists pay attention to these polls? I get that journos want to have fun with their political sources and rub elbows with celebrities. But I can also see how the American public distrusts the media when it talks out of both sides of its collective mouths. It reminds me of this little quote from a recent baseball scout:
Another scout/ex-player I spoke with said, “It’s just human nature. As competitive as we all are, it’s impossible to go all out against someone if you know them and like them.
“You think you can, but is part of you holding back? That’s what those of us who grew up in a different era wonder. I don’t think you ever saw Bob Gibson speak to his teammates, let alone the opposition, before he pitched.
“Now guys are hugging and laughing. It’s really changed.’’
168 Notes/ Hide
- holidayfrumreal reblogged this from imwithkanye
- spiritsdesirespiritsattain reblogged this from pushinghoopswithsticks
- dinodna reblogged this from pushinghoopswithsticks
- inconveniencewhitepeople likes this
- pushinghoopswithsticks reblogged this from imwithkanye
- jeveuxmonlivre likes this
- moneyissues likes this
- sloneypony reblogged this from imwithkanye
- beau-bafett reblogged this from imwithkanye
- quarterlifeandcounting likes this
- happinessbook likes this
- littlethousand likes this
- soniasaraiya reblogged this from imwithkanye
- schnika likes this
- capitolism reblogged this from imwithkanye
- warrennotg likes this
- hemingwayslemonade likes this
- secondhandfuck likes this
- vinylsticker reblogged this from imwithkanye
- cmorrxo reblogged this from imwithkanye
- eggznrice reblogged this from imwithkanye
- ursinechase likes this
- myheartbehaves likes this
- liesandpropaganda likes this
- ladrona likes this
- whatnowpao likes this
- porrefmonster reblogged this from smugliberalrestingface
- bananapeelfootball likes this
- compersion reblogged this from smugliberalrestingface
- trekkybear reblogged this from thebiobabe
- trekkybear likes this
- northerncurls reblogged this from imwithkanye
- dailyimages reblogged this from imwithkanye
- georgesbirdybirds reblogged this from imwithkanye
- thatsmeinthesweater likes this
- maximummuskeg reblogged this from imwithkanye
- macachaca reblogged this from imwithkanye
- leinarodz reblogged this from imwithkanye
- nlemmens likes this
- tearsforqueers likes this
- sarochka likes this
- doux-amer reblogged this from escapiste
- deliberatepace likes this
- bethanysworld likes this
- escapiste reblogged this from frederickpage
- khalakki likes this
- frederickpage reblogged this from imwithkanye
- dayoncedawned reblogged this from imwithkanye
- alittlebitnerdy likes this
- beayag likes this